Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's National Children's Book Week



Today we have 4 choices
1. Amanda Lees (author)
Kumari Goddess of Gotham
because I wrote it. OK - it's a blatant author plug but I actually, genuinely love it because it's exactly the sort of book that enthralled me as a child. Goddess of Gotham is my first book for kids and the first in a trilogy (I'm currently editing the second book, Goddess of Secrets, and am about to whizz off to the Bath Lit Festival to run a goddess workshop!). It's about a goddess in training from a hidden kingdom who suddenly finds herself in New York, running for her life through the Macy's Parade...her only friend in the world her pet baby vulture, Badmash...
2. Nicola Robertson (well, Lucy Robertson 6)Lucy's (6) favourite books are Horrid Henry ones Horrid Henry's Evil Enemies being the best. The look of pure joy on her face as she hears about Henry's naughty exploits - doing all the things she would secretly love to have the courage to do, says why she loves this so much.
3. Simon Key (Local resident, and co-creator of the Wood Green Bookshop)
Danny, Champion of the World - Roald Dahl
I wanted to be Danny, live in a Gypsy caravan, never go to school, and have the most amazing adventures that were just a little bit dodgy.
4. Justin Key (brother) I have very fond memories of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'; there's just something about the book that stays with you when others from such a young age fade away.
&
Kate Ladell (student)
the first book I remember reading, and read to my little sister when she was a few hours old.. love the pictures and the way some of the pages have holes in :o)
Check us out in the newspaper!






No comments: